Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hugs and Kisses

Before our daughter was born I made her a pieced quilt. It was my very first attempt at quilting. I found the pattern online and asked my cousin tons of questions!

I love the simplicity of this design called Hugs and Kisses.



Each color block forms either an X or an O, which are set off nicely by the white background.





The backing is simply a pink background with a slightly darker pink rope design. I used that same pink material to make bias tape for the border.

The only hand stitching is the border, so this isn't a hand-stitched quilt, simply pieced. Maybe one day I'll have time for stitching, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, inquiring about a project idea, I should get an email; but you can also email me directly: cristymakesandbakes (at) gmail (dot) com.
Have a grand day!