Saturday, September 29, 2012

My First Clutch and First Review

I don't remember exactly how I came across Sew It Love It, but I've enjoyed the site, and even got a special treat!  Ilse is very talented and makes beautiful things out of fabric, but even more than that, she makes it possible for other people to make beautiful things out of fabric because she creates patterns.

She asked for pattern testers, and I volunteered.  The pattern was for a date night clutch, something I have never sewn before, but an accessory that most women would love to have, right?

You should definitely check out Ilse's site if you're even remotely interested in sewing - she's got some great patterns!  And you can see my review for the date night clutch on her site, here.

And here's my finished product:

Front
I really, really like the ribbon down the side of the bag (it's front and back).  It was challenging to make it look ruffled in a natural, pretty way, but I think I pulled it off.

Inside


There is so much room in this little bag!  The contrasting lining is a full pocket, then you have the zippered pocket (I'm really proud of getting that zipper in on my first try, by the way!), and there are two small pockets at the bottom.  Definitely enough room for any woman, but small enough that any mom on a date night will wonder why she has so much room in her hands!

Back and Front
I'm sorry this isn't the best picture, but I wanted to show the contrast of the front of the clutch with the back.  I had fun picking out these fabrics!  

This pattern would also work well with simpler fabrics for less of a fancy look, but you really need to just check it out for yourself at Sew It Love It!

1 comment:

  1. Cristy, Love it! It's gorgeous and, you're right, the ruffled ribbon really sets it off. Have you scheduled that date night yet??

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, inquiring about a project idea, I should get an email; but you can also email me directly: cristymakesandbakes (at) gmail (dot) com.
Have a grand day!