Sunday, February 3, 2013

Homemade Christmas

This year my husband and I made some special gifts for our children.  His gift to our daughter is simply jaw-droppingly amazing!  I had this ready to post not long after Christmas, but life happened, and we're all still recovering.  Enjoy stepping back in time with me, if you will...

I made a simple little apron for her to accompany this fantastic gift.




This picture doesn't do justice to my amazing husband's talents.  He built Nadia her own kitchen complete with microwave, stove, oven, sink and cabinets.  Let's just say that he is the best dad in the world - definitely in his children's eyes and in mine!


They got bunk beds for Christmas, which meant the pack-n-play could finally be packed away, which also meant we needed new bedding.  I made this reversible Buzz/Toy Story blanket for Isaiah (you're seeing both sides).



I've made bean bags for several friends, but I never seemed to get around to making any for my own kids, so I remedied that.  One side is Buzz and the other Woody.  For now they have 2 each, but hopefully we'll expand the repertoire.  


While Thomas showed off his wonderful skills by making Nadia's kitchen completely from scratch (I still can't get over how amazing it is!); my most challenging gift was a little smaller, and didn't take as many hours as Thomas put into his gift of love.  I think the recipient will be just as pleased, though.



and a close up view
This Kermit shirt was a lot more challenging than I thought it would be, but I was really pleased with the end product!  And so was Isaiah...


And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, makes every ripped out stitch worthwhile
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (yes, I know it's February).


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, inquiring about a project idea, I should get an email; but you can also email me directly: cristymakesandbakes (at) gmail (dot) com.
Have a grand day!